NTS-6001-GPS NTP Server
Consistent and reliable Stratum 1 NTP Time Server
NTS-6001-GPS NTP Server
NTP Network Time Server with GPS time receiver
The NTS-6001-GPS is an update to our best selling NTS-6000-GPS. At the request of our customers the unit was slimmed down to a space saving 1U rackmount unit and the front display updated.
As with it's predecesor the Galleon NTS-6001-GPS Network Time Server combines a GPS receiver with an embedded solid state computer running the Linux operating system.
The unit connects directly to your network via a CAT5 Ethernet connection and fits in a standard 19" rack. This GPS NTP server incorporates a GPS computer clock and a highly accurate remote antenna that tracks up to 12 satellites for increased precision. The antenna is fully weather proof (IP65) as it must be installed externally, preferably on a roof top with a 360° view of the sky, it can be positioned up to 200m (600 ft) away as standard, or up to 1,000m (3,000ft) using an optional antenna extension kit.
The NTS-6001-GPS has a backlit LCD display to show run-time information for both the GPS subsystem and the NTP server and to aid installation. The Software drivers conform to the Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTP V4) and are available for uni-cast, broadcast or multi-cast NTP time synchronization. Configuration and management of the unit is straight forward via a network interface. The IP address of the unit can be configured by using DHCP to assigning an IP address automatically or a fixed IP address can be used.
The NTS-6001-GPS has dual Ethernet ports enabling it to serve time to 2 independant networks and can handle more than 5,000 NTP requests per second per network, making it the first choice for providing accurate time information to large networks with thousands of clients!
- Ready-to-operate Secure Stratum 1 NTP Time Server
- 6 year warranty
- Includes GPS active antenna + can support a secondary time receiver for the MSF radio time signal
- Support for NTP v2, NTP v3, NTP v4 and SNTP compatible clients
- Configured across network via a secure browser interface by http / html / https (RFC2616)
- Dual RJ-45 Ethernet interfaces 10/100 MBit
- Can handle more than 500,000 NTP requests per minute per port, ideal for large networks
- MD5 authentication for advanced security
- Able to Peer with other NTP time servers for enhanced synchronization security
- Solid State Flash memory enables software upgrades and eliminates 'disk failure'
- Front Panel display for Time and Satellite and Radio time Status
- SNTP and NTP protocol support
- Syslog error reporting
|Receiver:||Active 12 channel GPS Antenna|
|Timing Accuracy:||Network: ± 10 milliseconds, typical
GPS: <1 microseconds, relative to UTC
|NTP Time Requests:||>500,000 requests per minute|
|Supported Networks:||Can supply time to 2 separate networks|
|Power Consumption:||27 Watts|
|Housing:||Standard 19" rackmount (1U)|
|Dimensions (H × W × D):||45mm × 425mm × 309mm|
|Display:||LC-display, 2 x 20 characters, with backlight|
|Protocols (NTP & SNTP):||NTP: v2 (RFC 1119), v3 (RFC1305), v4 (RFC 2131)
SNTP: v3 (RFC 1769), v4 (RFC 2030)
|Network Interface:||Dual RJ-45 Network Connection 10/100 MBit|
|Power supply:||85 - 260V, 47 - 63Hz|
|Operating Temperature:||0-50°C / 32-122°F|
|Operating Humidity:||Max. 85%|
What's in the box
- NTS-6001-GPS Unit
- GPS Mushroom Antenna (with a 10m/8 Core Cable - not shown)
- Instruction Manual
- Power Lead
- NTP Software CD
- Junction Box (used to extend antenna cable - if necessary)
- IDC Cable Tool (used to insert cable into the junction box- if necessary)
The following products are also available for use with the NTS-6001-GPS NTP Time Server: