NTP Server Checker - SNTP Client
Free NTP server checker from Galleon Systems
Welcome to the Free Galleon NTP server checker. This software is a test tool that acts as a client to a NTP server. The Galleon SNTP client reports on the responses it receives and allows you to check the accuracy and precision of a NTP time server. You can specify how many requests to send and how large the time between each. The SNTP server checker is easy to use and can test the accuracy and reliability of any NTP server.
The following features are displayed once the IP address is requested to be checked by the SNTP tool:
- IP address - the time server you are checking.
- NTP Version
- Reference timestamp (the prime epoch ) used by NTP to work out the time from this set point
- Round trip delay (the time it takes request to arrive and come back in milliseconds)
- Local clock offset - time difference between host and client
- Leap indicator (if there is to be a leap second that day - normally only on 31 December)
- Mode 3 - indicates a client request
- Stratum level - which stratum level the NTP server is (a stratum 1 server receives the time from an atomic clock source a stratum 2 server receives the time from a stratum 1 server)
- Poll Interval (Will be 1 as only 1 requests is made by the SNTP client)
- Precision - how accurate in milliseconds
- Root Delay - This is a signed fixed-point number indicating the total roundtrip delay to the primary reference source at the root
- Root dispersion (in milliseconds)- The root dispersion is the maximum (worst case) difference between the local system clock and the root of the NTP tree (stratum 1 clock)
- Ref ID - the host name
- Originate time stamp (time before synchronisation request)
- Receive timestamp - the time the host got request
- Transmit timestamp - the time the host sends back to us
- Is response valid - synchronised or not
Download Server Checker Software Free of Charge!! Download Now
Once installed enter an IP address or Hostname and click "Test" the sntp response will be displayed above.